SWEET POTATO & BLACK BEAN CASSEROLE
This dish is not only delicious but it also looked so nice. It is a side dish, but I used it as the main course and with some steamed vegetables and a green salad on the side it was a filling and lovely meal.
Couple of notes to go with it:
- I would use half a sweet potato per serving for a side dish and a whole if used as a main course if that gives you a better visual how much you need
- If you have a mandoline, it is a perfect tool to cut the sweet potatoes with.
- The time in the oven is depended on the thickness of your sweet potato slices. Make sure the potatoes are done before serving.
- Interlocking the pieces of sweet potatoes makes the casserole not only look nice, it also makes the sweet potatoes cook faster.
- If the cheese you use is very salty, be careful with the amount of salt you use on top of the casserole before the first baking.
I really liked the subtle flavors of the herbs with the beans and sweet potatoes. I saw a picture of a dish like this on the internet, and I had to try to re-create it, and I admit, I was happy with the results. I hope you are as well.
'Till next time
An Ardent ambassador for romance novels and home cooking
<<<----- Find your favorites through the SEARCH bar!