Spring time, everything seems so new, fresh, and bright. The first warmer, sunny days, they seem like an old friend has come for a visit, and the first warm breeze of wind just wraps around you like a warm hug...
Yes, the sun finally came out, and even I feel poetic.
So I took my
- A bunch of spring onion (you knew I just had to use them),
- A thumb end size of a piece of ginger, finely chopped,
- And a chili pepper, chopped fine,
- Sautéd them, added the pork, sautéd everything until the pork was done, and had a nice color on it.
- Added the root vegetables, carrots, and potatoes, and the vegetable stock, and let it slowly boil, until everything was done, and ready.
It turned out really lovely, not just the aroma, but taste as well. The freshness of ginger, and the slow heat of the chili pepper was a great addition to the basic vegetable soup. Brought a little spring into the house as well!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, till next time
I'm a chef and a pastry chef, and I love food. Preparing a meal for someone is a show of love; for your craft, for the ingredients, and for the ones eating.